Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Where The Auslander Series Is Headed

I wanted to answer a question about the Auslander series. The intent is and always has been to highlight the common humanity of the characters. I've already posted about the multinational makeup of the principal characters. All of them have viable, important background stories to be told and that will be done. As I've also posted, Elise will be first and then other stories will follow as I can create them. I am very much looking forward to telling the stories of Petra, Benjamin and Nayda for example.  They are the three Jewish children from the original novel who are trapped living underground in Berlin for the unaware. Their story will receive the same detailed attention as all the others. In the end, what I intend to do is bring all of them back together for some more riveting adventures and to continue their story as a group while the years pass. My hope is to portray the commonness of our struggle as human beings no matter our backgrounds. Particularly under the most trying circumstances...stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Your insight and understanding of human nature is one of the things I enjoy most about your writing. All your characters reflect it..."the commonness of our struggle as human beings no matter our backgrounds. Particularly under the most trying circumstances..". It's one of the most valuable lessons learned from living in other cultures. You "get it "and IT makes me look forward to all your sequels!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete