Monday, October 1, 2012

Putting Horn Players on Notice (Especially you Marsalis People)

I mentioned in an earlier post that I keep my alto and tenor saxophones next to me while I write and how much the study of music aids my creativity. I say all that so that I can put all you world famous horn playing people on notice. Some day, like in ten or twenty or seventy five years I am going to get good on these instruments and then I'm coming for you. So you Marsalis brothers, you established and ridiculously talented jazz geniuses like Joshua Redman, David Sanchez and the like, and also you smooth jazz artists like Gerald Albright and Boney James and Paul Taylor, I want you to know now that you better watch your backs (I just hope you'll take it easy on a brother when I do eventually challenge you and not embarrass me too bad). Wait..that's not supposed to be in there when I'm trash talking... Shoot, I already hit publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment