Friday, September 14, 2012

Upcoming Titles

A few things to report on from the writing end of things. The sequel to Simeon's Promise, Homecoming, will be out in time for Xmas. I'm working hard on it and a couple of other projects. If I keep my nose to the grindstone I may have as many as three more novels completed in the next four months...we will see.

In answer to a question I got about the Auslander Series, Foreign Son and Flight, thus far, it is so much more than a story about a black soldier (Vince LaSalle) during WW2. It was the era of serious discrimination and segregation so that's included of course, but  there's a love story intertwined and characters that span the globe. The Scott Danny Keaton, Magda and her Polish compatriots. Petra and the Jewish refugee children that Vince rescues, my French contingent, Guy, Margaret and Julia. And ladies, you rightfully get your due with characters like Vierna, Jan Holling, the double agent Elise, who by the way will be the first supporting character to get her own stand alone novel which is the plan for all of the main characters. The idea is to highlight the various contributions to the war effort by so many different groups and people and then bring them all together for some adventures as a group. I also want to highlight their common humanity. The saga will go on for a very long time so if any of you television-series types are paying attention and looking for something different and universally appealing, I can put you to work for a number of years with that one series.

More in the way of Elise; the woman is bad, as in a soldier's soldier. She is one I want to make available for Xmas so wish me luck. Her story is also one that takes her deep under cover into the midst of the hell that was the Third Reich. Watch for her, I know I'm excited about what my creative brain is coming up with for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment